Tuesday 23 February 2016

Making Responsible Choices. Part 1

The teenage years are the making or marring years socially and psychologically for most individuals. For this reason, it is important that teenagers learn the habit of making responsible choices.

You might want to ask what are Responsible Choices?

Well, in life we all have been blessed with the power to make our own choices. Adam and Eve were allowed even by God to make their own choices whether good or bad and you know how the story goes...

Image result for adam and eve in the garden of eden for kids

...for every choice we make there are consequences...
 
 
...and that is why we must strive to make responsible choices at all times.
 
Making responsible choices basically mean that you make choices that you can 'own', choices that you and people that love you can be proud of.
 
In other to ensure that you are making responsible choices as you go along life's way, it is important that you constantly ask yourself  probing questions. For example, before you get involved in doing anything you may ask yourself the following;
  1. Is it possible that I might get hurt?
  2. Is it possible that I might hurt someone?
  3. Is it possible that I might get into trouble?
  4. Is it possible that I am putting my health and others at risk?
  5. Am I being helpful?
  6. Am I creating a positive influence? and so on.
Asking yourself probing questions would help you critically analyze if the choice you are about to make is worth it (responsible) our not.
 
PS: To be sincere, it was a big choice for me to either write this up and post it today or procrastinate till another day but I chose to 'rebuke'(lol) procrastination and do this today. I feel really proud of me. I think I made a responsible choice.
 
What responsible choice would you be making today?
 
 
photo credit: google images

No comments:

Post a Comment